Deadline: 2 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Specialist – Performance Management and Career Development in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Human Resources Specialist will contribute to, and shape the work of the People Stream, comprised of talent management, learning, outreach and policy.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Individual performance management
- Take ownership of the performance management process design and management in UNOPS.
- Pro-actively lead activities around performance planning and evaluation advice, incl. performance management mediation.
- Design and lead progressive initiatives around capacity building of global workforce, incl. design, planning and facilitation of thematic training/ workshops.
- Provide communication material and design campaigns around Performance management.
- Career Development
- Pro-actively shape the organizations approach to career development.
- Closely works with relevant stakeholders to ensure career development tools/practices are aligned with organisational needs.
- Lead the development of relevant training opportunities and programmes in close collaboration with the learning team.
- Design, implements and oversees programmes aimed to support the career development of specific groups of personnel, e.g. national personnel.
- Talent management and succession planning
- Contribute to shaping organisational approaches for talent management.
- Contribute with the state of the art tools/practices for enhancing current talent management approaches.
- Provide sound advice to senior management and other relevant stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- An advanced degree in human resources, management, learning and development, communications, business studies or international affairs or a related field, with additional minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Candidates with 7 years of professional experience, and a bachelors degree, in lieu of an advanced degree, may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources related areas such as Performance Management, Career Development, Talent Management, HR Policy, Recruitment, or a combination of the above is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an international environment or international organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in Individual performance management is required.
- Practical experience in capacity development in the area of Performance Management is highly desirable.
- Experience in the area of Career Development is a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience in conceptualizing new approaches and innovation in the area of Human Resources, ideally on a global scale, is desirable.
- Practical experience in designing programmes and training material is an asset.
- Experience with state of the art Performance Management approaches is an asset.
- Performance-based rewards and recognition system experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in another UNOPS official language (French and / or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.