Deadline: 28 March 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resource Assistant (Maternity Coverage) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 3 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resource Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure personnel files are complete and accurate assuring adherence to highest level of confidentiality.
- Oversee leave management; maintain leave tracking; ensuring complete documentation for all staff movement in the Field Office and Head Office.
- Follow up on the submission of accurate timesheets from all staff in DRC and ensures accuracy of basic personnel data before payment is effected.
- Ensure that all staff are insured when they first join the organization, sends the updates of any changes that affect our insurance policy like salary increment, resignation, the dependents update, etc.
- Handle all insurance related issues of staff in a very organized and professional manner.
- Keep records of different leave requests centrally in Addis Ababa, provides this information to the staff, the management and to any other concerned stakeholders upon request.
- Assist in the recruitment processes by contacting the selected candidates for interview and written exam, facilitate and handle the written exams in Addis and different FOs.
- Make sure that all newly hired staff have got DRC ID; follow up the contract renewal of ID Printing Service Providers, manage the contract.
- Make sure that all staff in DRC Addis and FOs have been registered in the government pension scheme and keep the record in the personal file.
- Provide professional advice to project managers on a range of HR issues.
- Assist in the compilation of HR related reports as required.
- Any other assignments as instructed by the immediate supervisor.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant qualifications in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- 2 years of Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain working relationships across the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of legal employment obligations in line with national labour law.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with databases
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.