Deadline: 3 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resource Manager in Caracas, Venezuela. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible that the HR system is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resource Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Management of the HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Participate in the Country Management Group
- Oversee recruitment and induction of new and replacement staff as the organisation scales up and prepares to introduce additional core competencies/programmes.
- Lead the adaptation of NRC HR policies and procedures to the Venezuela context, including the adaptation of NRC’s Terms of Employment to Venezuela Labour Law.
- Plan and roll-out NRC’s Induction package, NRC Way, for all staff.
- Work closely with NRC Regional and Global HR to roll-out additional measure for the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)
- Lead the development of NRC Venezuela’s income taxation policy for international staff.
- Ensure that all HR data is stored in compliance with data protection requirements.
- Jointly with the other members of the Senior Management Group, work to promote gender equality in the organisation, including through careful research of obstacles to female staff recruitment, retention and promotion, in the Venezuela context.
- Responsible for ensuring the NRC pay structure for national staff is relevant in Venezuela and in line with NRC policy.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Venezuelan legislation will be an advantage.
- Experience in start-up is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.