Deadline: 14 November 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Analyst in Dakar, Senegal.
The Human Resources Analyst supervises and leads the personnel of the HR Unit, working in close collaboration with the programmes, operations and project teams in the respective office/s, in ensuring successful performance in HR management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to generate and maintaining data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Undertake projects in support of the HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Ensure appropriate mapping of HR business processes to enable efficient and effective services and workflows.
- Advisory Services
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes, including but not limited to, Recruitment, Contracts, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
- Provide advice to personnel on HR services such as the performance appraisal process, learning & development activities, contracts, benefits, entitlements and remuneration and career development.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Implement talent acquisition activities in line with UNOPS policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Job Classification, Salary and Benefit administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Oversee administration of entitlements for all personnel and the efficient administration of contractual modalities, loans, exchanges, and secondments in the region.
- Lead recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy.
- Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Contribute to HR knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Maintain HR analytic parameters and data.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences.
- First University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, Social or Behavioral Sciences or related fields combined with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional-level human resources management experience, including HR advisory services in a major area(s) of human resources management (HR Contract Administration, HR reporting, Recruitment or Organizational Design) in an international, public or corporate organization at the national and/or international level.
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) as well as web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Working knowledge of English is desirable.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.