Deadline: 4 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources and Administration Officer in Benghazi, Libya.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will contribute to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks and also provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Human Resources:
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times.
- Support with all phases of recruitment.
- Maintain confidential, accurate and up to date records of all staff (i.e. personnel information and management systems).
- Ensure staff management and follow up for the office: record staff absences, overtime, holidays, time sheets, contracts, contract renewals and end of contract documents and payments, administration of health insurance scheme and social security, explain policies to staff and implement procedures.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process.
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation.
- Coordinate the organization of staff and external visitors in terms of housing and transport.
- Coordinate with office cleaners and other housekeeping staff and manage their schedules, leave planning and other HR needs.
- Assist in coordinating flight bookings, hotel bookings, meeting venues, and refreshments.
- Assist on the elaboration and roll out of Safety Manual.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, etc.) are in good working order.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in similar field.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.