Deadline: 2 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources and Administration Officer in Sana’a, Yemen.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will provide support in dynamics, HR module and ensure that HR information and staff are well using the system.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure a solid understanding of DRC’s HR manual and other administrative procedures.
- Ensure staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRCs HR manual.
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions vis-a-vis status number of vacant positions and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from the HR & Admin Team Leader /Support Service Manager about the new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them.
- Screening and long listing the candidates and provide the results for hiring managers with consultation AM/Support Service Manager.
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times
Support with all phases of recruitment.
- Assist Senior Management Team/Support service Manager in elaboration of individual development plans for employees.
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Draft new and renewed contracts and other personnel-related issues with special attention to compensation and benefits.
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences.
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience as an HR and Administrative generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and Office Administration.
- Top-tier written presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, strong ethics and ability to manage delicate situations diplomatically and lead to effective resolution.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.