Deadline: 30 March 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Assistant will work in close collaboration with the TST and MAST staff in BRH and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies through:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to BRH business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Implement HR services through:
- Act as focal point for recruitment, benefit and entitlements of Service Contract and processes SC monthly salary payments.
- Process applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates, ensuring and monitoring the transfer of candidate files between offices, arranges for exams and interviews.
- Assist in the evaluation and screening of candidate applications.
- Assist in filling of posts, including initiating and following up on reference check and academic qualifications, preparing relevant documentation required for recruitment related meetings, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment.
- Prepare contracts (Fixed-term, Service Contracts) and processes necessary documents of benefits for hew hires.
- Provide general HR related support through:
- Draft and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications.
- Assist in preparation of notes/reports.
- Assist in preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in BRH through:
- Participation in training for the operations/programme/projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Secondary Education.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years for Secondary School, or 2 years for Bachelor’s Degree holder, of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in the English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.