Deadline: 3 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the Regional Hub for LAC business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating.
- Provision of information to the management and personnel on HR, rules and regulations.
- Implement HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, screening of candidates, verification of academic background information, request of work references, preparation of long and short lists; facilitating interview panels and performing the function of Secretary in interview panels.
- Provision of orientation and monitoring to the onboarding process of new staff.
- Support the activities of the HR unit for staff wellbeing.
- Provision of back up functions to HR team during absences.
- Ensure proper personnel performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information for performance evaluation process.
- Support to the preparation of learning activities reports.
- Provide support and information on learning opportunities to staff members.
- Follow up on learning activities carried out by the personnel and office.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the RH LAC focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Organization of training for the operation /project staff on HR issues.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or related fields.
- 5 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both oral and written is required.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.