Deadline: 30 September 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Laos.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform administrative tasks in support of the effective management of the Human Resources Unit of the office,
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain and prepare all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Analyze research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- Analyze research, verify, and compile data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF’s HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- Draft vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
- Liaise with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepare formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Record and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitor life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
- Researches, analyses, verifies, and compiles information on external training courses available and educational institutions to help supervisor decide on learning programs that address learning gaps in his/her country office.
- Assist team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work required.
- Excellent English and Lao especially for writing.
- Knowledge of computer application such as VISION, Microsoft, Excel.
- Translation skills/experience an asset.
- Nationality of Laos.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.