Deadline: 26 November 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or Post Graduate Diploma in human resources management.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant subject is preferable.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least 1 year in human resources.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.