Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Budapest, Hungary.
The Human Resources Assistant will provide support within the GSSC by maintaining and monitoring reports and ensuring that timely action is taken on status of entitlements and allowances in accordance with UN Staff Rules and Regulations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Perform necessary administrative actions on contractual status, entitlements, Mobility and Hardship Allowances, etc.
- Maintain staff entitlements and profiles in SAP-HR.
- Draft correspondence to follow up on staff contractual status and request recommendations.
- Maintain computerized reporting system for Human Resources Processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of administrative actions.
- Update reporting system with status changes (e.g. contractual status, marriage status).
- Responsible for understanding changes in policy procedures.
- Review policy and participation in GSSC staff meetings.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in accordance with policy changes.
- Create employment verification letters and issue ground passes.
- Complete background work for Disability and Worker’s Compensation claims for submission to appropriate departments.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement.
- University level courses in human resources and/or business administration is desirable.
- Completed university degree from an accredited institution (i.e. degree certificate in-hand) will be counted towards the minimum work experience requirements.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in human resources is required.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF’S rules, regulations and procedures is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.