Deadline: 6 October 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in Conakry, Guinea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible to provide a full range of human resources support services to ensure the accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and to facilitate the smooth operation of a client-oriented HR and Strategy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assign responsibilities and support the learning and development of junior support staff so that they have adequate knowledge of the HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and can contribute to the delivery of services Effective HR.
- Identify the changing needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures to support the improvement of HR services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external requests to ensure that clients are well informed and that the activities of the Human Resources team are consistent with WFP’s overall objectives.
- Review and compile various data on staff recruitment and selection, contract terms, fees, performance and training requirements, labor, etc. to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of activity assigned to it by the HR Administrator in accordance with the relevant processes and procedures.
- Support for the integration and support of new WFP staff to ensure that the relevant procedures are followed and that conditions of employment are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documents required for the specific area of work (eg, employment contracts, transfer or separation letters, training documents, etc.)
- Use human resource management systems to review, capture and update various HR data, including tracking various deadlines (eg, expiry of contract, CAPC, etc.), ensuring deadlines are met and the accuracy of HR data.
- Coordinate the maintenance of confidential employee records, databases and HR archives to ensure that data and records are accurately stored and updated in accordance with established standards.
- Monitor the deployment of staff and take on related administrative actions, including reporting, to support an effective human resources department that enables WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- High School Diploma.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Fixed 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative duties, including at least 3 years in human resources or other related field.
- Knowledge of HR administrative practices and methods of work acquired through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application to answer and resolve a range of HR issues.
- Ability to perform baseline analyzes to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for new actions.
- Ability to build relationships with various people within and outside WFP to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Experience supervising and coordinating subordinates’ duties to be able to train and supervise junior staff in the HR function.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and initiative to perform administrative tasks in accordance with WFP guidelines and general standards.
- Mastery of oral and written communication in French and level B in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.