Deadline: 15 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for support of the full range of human resources function to WSSCC, ECR Geneva and internal clients.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies, policies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contribute to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
- Provide support to recruitment, talent management and other special HR projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Initiation, processing, monitoring, review and follow-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, learning, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
- Assistance in the identification and proposal of the mechanisms to attract suitable candidates from developing countries and in respect of the Gender policy. Provide administrative and logistical support to general recruitment process.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible UN HR experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based systems and ERP.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Working knowledge of French an asset.
- Knowledge of other UN working language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.