Deadline: 23 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the HR system is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will perform following functions:
- Implement NRC’s HR and Admin systems and procedures.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies.
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law.
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams.
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management.
- Management of the HR team.
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports.
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices.
- Develop and deliver a planned HR approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people with the right skills to achieve strategic, high-quality HR and programmatic outcomes.
- Organize and facilitate performance management systems and related training including supervise and mentor direct-reports, communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and counsel on career paths and professional development for HR team and establish a culture of continuous learning opportunities.
- Implement organizational training requirements for both NRC staff and partners.
- Work with the management to reducing risks and managing anti-corruption.
- Lead the periodic review of compensation and other benefits as and when required to ensure NRC being able to attract and retain talent.
- Take an active role in the strategic planning activities of the organization and to assist the management in decisions related to recruitment, replacement, restructuring as needed by the operations.
- Responsibility for personnel administration (recruitment, starters, leavers, payroll, etc).
- Proactively advise and lead as appropriate on organizational development (managing change, organizational design, management development training, etc).
- Proactively integrate NRC’s values and management style into our HR and management policies and practices.
- Work to streamline and consolidate the HR related documentation.
Applicants must have:
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree in Administration / Organisation / Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.