Deadline: 29 September 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for implementing HR Services and providing advisory services to strengthen the delivery capacity of our clients – the three largest development programmes in-country.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will perform following functions:
- Support to Policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by providing data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the office/program/unit’s objectives and plans, and in consultation with Management, take the lead on the implementation of the corporate HR strategy and initiatives.
- Design and lead projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Advisory Services
- Provide guidance on HR policy application for personnel management, assessing and anticipating HR needs to provide value-added consultative service to management on human resource-related issues.
- Define, develop, model and deliver HR services, programs, and communications to add value for prospective and current personnel, and UNOPS partners.
- Advise, assist and mediate, as needed, on sensitive matters including grievances, potential violations in code of conduct, harassment, abuse, workplace disputes, performance improvement plans, complex employee relations matters, etc.
- Encourage line management responsibility for implementation of HR policies and effective team management, providing guidance and coaching as needed.
- Foster the relationship between supervisors and personnel, encouraging dialogue and two-way constructive feedback.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Oversee the application and implementation of talent acquisition and management policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Position Management, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Job Classification, Salary and benefits administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Outprocessing.
- Under the guidance of IPAS HR, coordinate the efficient administration of contractual modalities, loans, exchanges, and secondments in the given geography, including oversight of engagement with relevant partners.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR related topics.
- Lead, approve and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for HR personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, HR practice information and best practice benchmarking.
- Oversee team’s contributions to HR knowledge networks and communities of practice including collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social or Behavioral Sciences or relevant field.
- A first university degree (Bachelor’s) in relevant fields combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- Minimum 5 years of professional-level human resources experience is required, including HR advisory services, in at least 2 areas of human resources management (HR Contract Administration/Benefits and Entitlements, HR Operations, Recruitment, Performance Management or Organizational Design) in an international, public or corporate organization at the national and/or international level.
- Prior experience in an HR manager or team lead role is required (2 years).
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience outside home country is required.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in a similar HR function in a NGO is desirable.
- Prior work experience in Asia would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.