Deadline: 10 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Human Resources Manager will provide guidance in human resources that promote a gender-balanced multidisciplinary team of professionals.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions-
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office and the organization.
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Support the office’s human resources needs for national professional officers, general service, and temporary employees by implementing proper and expedient recruitment procedures.
- Ensure organizational human resources targets are met while ensuring the recruitment and retention of a diverse body of staff of the highest caliber.
- Work to establish a targeted approach to recruit specialized talent, with particular focus on MTSP areas, to fill posts requiring specialized expertise, at the global, regional, or local level.
- Establish and implement results-oriented action plans and sound budgets to coordinate targeted recruitment efforts with identified need at UNICEF in the short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term.
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- Eight years of relevant professional HR Management work experience.
- Background/familiarity with emergency operations and staff security.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.