Deadline: 5 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in Khartoum, Sudan.
The Human Resources Manager will provide leadership and guidance in human resources that promote a gender-balanced multidisciplinary team of professionals.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions-
- Diverse body of staff of the highest caliber are recruited and retained, including staff with specialized talent aligned with the priorities included in MTSP.
- Equity, transparency, efficiency and consistency are established in the placement and selection of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts on the organization are fully evaluated.
- Equity, transparency and consistency are clearly demonstrated in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters.
- HR benefits, entitlements, job classification, performance management, promotions and contracts renewal and termination are administered in a timely, equitable, systematic and transparent manner.
- Capacity building and career development among all staff are strengthened.
- Capacity development and support opportunities are identified and provided for HR staff, other colleagues, and relevant partners as necessary.
- HR management and strategy planning are effectively supported by sound technical analysis, and office management and planning processes. Strategy guidance and technical support for HR planning and management is always available to management.
- Local implementation of /regional HR strategy is effectively undertaken in coordination with the Regional Office and HQ Divisions.
- New trends, priorities, requirements, and strategic HR plans are identified and incorporated through participation in Country Programme Strategy Review, Regional Management Team Meetings, and Global workshops, as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience.
- Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO).
- Background/familiarity with emergency and security.
- Fluency in English and another UN official language required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.