Deadline: 24 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in New Delhi, India.
The Human Resources Manager will manage human resource activities including the supervision of human resources staff in the India country office in accordance with the HR strategy and work plan, aligned with the Country Programme Management Plan as well as the goals and strategic needs of the organization.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions-
- A diverse body of staff of the highest caliber are recruited and retained, including staff with specialized talent aligned with the priorities included in MTSP.
- Equity, transparency, efficiency and consistency are established in the placement and selection of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts on the organization are fully evaluated.
- HR resource management and strategy planning incorporate a continuous analysis of gender disparities to identify strategies and actions to promote gender equality, diversity and a gender sensitive work environment.
- Equity, transparency and consistency are clearly demonstrated in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters.
- HR benefits, entitlements, job classification, performance management, promotions and contracts renewal and termination are administered in a timely, equitable, systematic and transparent manner.
- Capacity building and career development among all staff are strengthened.
- Capacity development and support opportunities are identified and provided for HR staff, other colleagues, and relevant partners as necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in Human Resources Management and Staff Development is required.
- Prior experience working in the UN System or other international development organization is desirable.
- Work experience in an emergency duty station is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.