Deadline: 6 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Officer will ensure effective service delivery in the Area Office.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions:
- Understand standard HR practices, policies and procedures, take primary responsibility to run the HR functions according to the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook.
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date HR documentation and recordkeeping to ensure effective administration and information management.
- Collect HR documents and forms from newly hired employees and file the documents as required.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards etc) on 1st day of reporting.
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for on boarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines.
- Produce and maintain updated HR and personnel files and regularly update them in soft and hard copies.
- Scan HR related documents and archive them electronically in an organized manner.
- Ensuring good record of staff attendance sheets, leave request forms, and track staff attendance and leave records.
- Review monthly timesheets, scan and file them electronically.
- Ensure that all staff go through a proper exit process including handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debrief with the line manager and update the HR Department on all exiting staff for payroll updating.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the supervisor relevant to the capacity and role.
Applicants must have:
- University degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management, or similar field.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience with the humanitarian organizations preferably with INGO’s.
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT, Windows Excel and SPSS.
- Multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to meet deadlines and high degree of autonomy in his / her work.
- Well-organized and proactive approach to work.
- Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement.
- Fluency in speaking & writing in national language (Dari & Pashto) & English is required.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.