Deadline: 9 March 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible to provide support to the Regional office, as well as Country office HR teams in the planning, coordination, monitoring, administration and evaluation of all learning activities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions:-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Organize group trainings and learning activities, deliver them personally or draft terms of reference, liaise with training providers and handle administrative details.
- Support the management of third-party vendors in the design, development and delivery of learning programmes (both face-to-face and online), and maintain the Regional roster of facilitators and training providers.
- Keep abreast of developments and new trends in training and learning, within and outside the UN common system and import innovative training methodologies and solutions.
- Work closely with the internal training network to strengthen organizational learning environment.
- Manage the administration and maintenance of learning content owned by ROSA on AGORA.
- Business Partnering
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
- Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
- Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
- HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, organizational behavior.
- Psychology or another related field is required.
- 2 year’s of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Proven experience administrating a Learning Management System.
- Knowledge of Moodle technology an advantage.
- Experience in learning technologies and training design and delivery is considered an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language.
- South Asia is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Nepal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.