Deadline: 16 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by compiling and maintaining data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Provide technical or administrative services in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Generate strategic and operational workforce data for planning, including related statistical summaries and movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Implement talent acquisition activities in line with UNOPS policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Salary and Benefit administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Administer contracts, entitlements, loans, exchanges, and secondments.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Support recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy.
- Team Management
- Support efficient planning and management of the HR unit, including drafting annual recruitment plans, implementing designated projects in line with the corporate HR strategy, overseeing personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within relevant business unit/s.
- May supervise other personnel members in the provision of HR client services by assigning work, facilitating work planning, managing performance, motivating, developing and coaching team members to deliver high quality results and services.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and / or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel and other personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Substantively contribute to the planning and development of the HR components of the office annual report.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and put to use productively.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social sciences.
- First University Degree in Human Resources management or related fields combined with 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in professional-level recruitment and / or HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with an additional 2 year’s of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is an asset.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in the use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.