Deadline: 15 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for administering and implementing services, plans, and processes covering the array of Human Resources Management service lines for optimal employee talent management, i.e., recruitment, learning, performance management, transition, organizational development, and contract management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by compiling and maintaining data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Provide technical or administrative services in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Generate strategic and operational workforce data for planning, including related statistical summaries and movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Advisory Services
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
- Provide advice and answers to personnel on routine cases for HR services such as the performance appraisal process, learning & development activities, contracts, benefits, entitlements and remuneration and career development.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Implement talent acquisition activities in line with UNOPS policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Salary and Benefit administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Administer contracts, entitlements, loans, exchanges, and secondments.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Research precedents and present recommendations to supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions.
- Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Establish and maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines.
- Follow up on team work processes to ensure clearance, approvals and timely workflows
- Team Management
- Support efficient planning and management of the HR unit, including drafting annual recruitment plans, implementing designated projects in line with the corporate HR strategy, overseeing personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within relevant business unit/s.
- May supervise other personnel members in the provision of HR client services by assigning work, facilitating work planning, managing performance, motivating, developing and coaching team members to deliver high quality results and services.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel and other personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Substantively contribute to the planning and development of the HR components of the office annual report.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences.
- First University degree in Human Resources management or related fields combined with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in professional-level recruitment and/or HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization.
- Experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- First Level university degree in combination with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office).
- Knowledge on Gender Parity Special Measure and Gender Inclusion under Human Recourses Management is desirable.
- Experience in use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral in English, and Nepali is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.