Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Human Resources Officer will manage all HR related activities within the country/ operation, through direct supervision, coaching and guidance to all administrative staff responsible for the personnel administration and other HR related matters.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Implement workforce management strategy for the country operation that is in line with the regional and global strategy. Participate in the preparation of the annual operations programme review submissions.
- Ensure timely advertisement and filling of the vacancies. Facilitate the work of the local Assignments Committee (AC) and provide guidance to managers in preparing their submissions for the AC review.
- Manage and directly supervise process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures, including those related to diversity. Control the maintenance of the personnel records in the office, as well as of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Provide support, guidance and training to administrative staff performing personnel administration related functions.
- Participate in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
- Pursue measures to ensure cooperation and dialogue between the management and workforce within the country operation.
- Participate in the ICSC survey on living conditions and classification of duty stations as well as in the UN Country Team local staff salary survey and other local inter-agency HR-related fora and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Human Resources Management/Administration, Law or similar disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of previous relevant work experience (6 years with Advanced University degree) in progressively responsible functions in an office that administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization. Exposure to UNHCR field operations is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.