Deadline: 17 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Damascus, Syria. The Duration of this post is 1 Year.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development of country specific plans and processes, and lead the delivery of HR operational activities or projects to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on complex issues, understanding their needs an ensuring that HR policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Ensure the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff determining conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving more complex employee relations issues.
- Manage capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Plan and deliver an onboarding process which ensures new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their need and planning/implementing solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Deliver organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Lead and motivate a small of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Monitor the accurate and compliant recording of data, coordinate and prepare timely corporate statistics and conduct analysis, identifying trends and potential issues, and proposing solutions to stakeholders.
- Maintain and share knowledge of best practice, and support the development and implementation of new/improved HR policies, systems and procedures to ensure they are reflective of legislation, and support WFP effectively.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with Additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Typically five years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Solid command of the English language and ability to translate Arabic to English (vice versa).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.