Deadline: 30 March 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Maroua, Cameroon.
The Human Resources Specialist will provide support to the Human Resources function of the organization especially in the Emergency Response Program that is currently going on in the Far North Region of Cameroon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide support in staff recruitment activities to ensure quality recruitment is done and delays prevented.
- Ensure the Go team list is up-dated and ready to use at all moment.
- Control the operation of the Human Resources Information System to have an updated HR data for easy access and reference.
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of staff training and development programs to address gaps in performance and maintain an updated training data.
- Support in staff performance management for quality checks and timely delivery of staff assessment at all stages using HRIS; also ensuring that pdf. copies of Performance Objectives are filed electronically and easily accessible.
- Manage the updating of all staff files to prevent loss of documents and easy access. Staff files updated and kept safe and accessible when needed.
- Organize people-centred events that would build good working relations among staff. Annual activities organized well, participated and meets objective(s)..
- Support in conducting employee morale surveys to advise management on appropriate change management interventions.
- Manage staff leave records so that staff take the mandatory rest and the organisation does not lose from excess leave days that staff may take
- Monitor HR annual budget to maintain spending requirements and gives feedback to supervisor for decision-making.
- Conduct all other human resources administrative activities for the smooth flow of human resource duties. Smooth flow of administrative duties evident at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Human Resources policies and practices, consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements to avoid industrial conflicts and other malpractices.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming and maintains gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associate.
- Gender sensitivity evident in delivery of roles.
- Maintain and update a summary of the labour law for quick reference in supporting staff understanding and compliance.
- Administer the employee orientation/induction and blended learning programmes to support staff settle down easily and faster and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Support the implementation of the Deployement Emergency Response policy and ensure it is always up-dated.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of the organization’s goals.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Sociology and Psychology or equivalent in any related field.
- At least 5 years experience in HR management practices in a reputable organization.
- Experience in the application and administration of the relevant income tax laws.
- At least, 3 years of relevant professional experience in the operation of a human resource information system.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.