Deadline: 8 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Human Resources Specialist will focus on HR support to the Geneva Office (ICAs and FTAs), including recruitments, support and guidance on HR policies, entitlements and benefits, performance management systems, leave requests and monitoring.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNOPS policies, procedures and strategies; help establish effective implementation of the internal control and functioning of the HR service.
- Actively work with the portfolio management team to coordinate and implement the different HR work streams, and interact with and support the team, within delegated authority.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of HR work plans, budgeting, and progress monitoring and reporting.
- Review and coordinate incoming requests relating to recruitments, contract extensions, transfers, exchange or loan, and separation of staff, consultants, or contractors, ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with HR policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Monitor and track status of requests, initiating follow-up action to ensure selection review submission is timely, accurate, and contains complete documentation.
- Review and prepare Requests for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to ensure correct budget allocation, and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS.
- Review consultants’ qualifcations and experience and drafting of Terms of Reference; determining daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule.
- Brief staff and consultants regarding entry details, conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, privileges and entitlements, and quick action to facilitate their taking up the assignment on a timely basis.
- Prepare offer of appointment as well as the salary/fee computation for review.
- Support to effective learning management and individual learning plans in collaboration with the senior management.
- Development and secure maintenance of the HR recording and archiving systems in accordance with UNOPS record retention policies.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- University Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- First-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with master’s degree or 7 year’s relevant experience with bachelor’s degree at the national or international level in providing Human Resources support services and/or managing staff and related operational systems.
- A proven track record of successful Human Resources and project support is a requirement.
- Knowledge of UNOPS procedures, processes, rules and regulations, as well as familiarity with the UNOPS online HR platforms.
- English fluency is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.