Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Budapest, Hungary.
The Human Resources Specialist will provide authoritative technical support to the Chief of HR and client managers and section Chiefs in the identification of learning needs within different sections and create plans of action accordingly, ensuring full compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following function-
- Assists the Chief of HR in the design, development and implementation of learning initiatives for staff within the GSSC to help staff develop the necessary skills and knowledge, whilst ensuring effective delivery.
- Ensures effective collaboration with vendors and external sources in the design of learning initiatives.
- Reports on the effectiveness of these events and programmes by seeking feedback from staff and section heads on value added and impact on driving results.
- Executes the identification, gap analysis, and assessment of learning needs for staff within the GSSC, ensuring alignment with the organizations strategic priorities.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts in identifying the needs for their respective sections. Reports on respective needs of sections to Chief of HR.
- Supports the Chief of HR in contributing to the development of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of learning and development programmes.
- Keeps abreast, researches, benchmarks, and implements best and cutting edge practices in the learning and development of staff. Institutionalize and disseminate best practices and knowledge learned.
- Promotes critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for HR policies pertaining to learning and development.
- Builds and strengthens strategic partnerships through networking and advocacy with UN agencies, academic institutions to share best practices and lessons learnt and to form partnerships in addressing the learning needs of staff.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in human resources management and/or other directly-related technical fields is required.
- A previous hand on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is highly desirable.
- Prior work experience with an international organization is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of shared services/business support centre is highly desirable.
- Prior experience and hands-on work experience of UNICEF’s human resources programme and management processes is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English required. Other UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.