Deadline: 21 April 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Learning and Development Manager in New Delhi, India.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Learning and Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Learning and Capacity Development:
- In close collaboration with the Senior Management, Section Chiefs and the Human Resources Development Committee (HRDC), as well as other relevant stakeholders, conduct learning needs assessments and prepare learning and development strategies/plans in line with ICO’s key strategic priorities to meet current and evolving programmatic/operational needs.
- Build partnerships with academic institutions, UN agencies, external experts, NGOs, CSOs and private sector organizations to design and implement state-of-the-art learning and development programmes, including innovative approaches to learning and development and share best practices on evolving trends on learning and development.
- Oversee the timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of global/regional learning/training activities included in ICO’s annual learning plan.
- Management of Unit:
- Support the Chief of Section in establishing the annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measurements using a result-based management approach.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the learning and development team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business administration, organizational development, social sciences, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- Additional professional certification/training in the field of learning and development or related field is desirable.
- At least 8 year’s of professional work experience in learning and development in a global/international organization is required.
- Strong facilitation skills and track records in learning needs assessment and in the design and implementation of learning and development strategies, including learning impact assessment is required.
- Good understanding of how adults acquire and use knowledge, including individual and cultural differences in learning and the ability to develop effective training/learning curricula for adult learners, especially for organizational development and behavior change is an asset.
- Experience in change management and in developing and sourcing learning programmes for Human Resources is an asset.
- Knowledge of group and organizational psychology is an asset.
- Prior experience in executive coaching is desirable.
- Fluency in English, especially excellent writing skills, is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.