Deadline : 14 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Learning and Development Manager in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Learning and Development Manager will be responsible for the planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of organizational learning and development programmes, in alignment with India Country Office’s key strategic priorities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Learning and Development Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Learning and Capacity Development:
- In close collaboration with the Senior Management, Section Chiefs and the Human Resources Development Committee (HRDC), as well as other relevant stakeholders, conduct learning needs assessments and prepare learning and development strategies / plans in line with ICO’s key strategic priorities to meet current and evolving programmatic / operational needs.
- Build partnerships with academic institutions, UN agencies, external experts, NGOs, CSOs and private sector organizations to design and implement state-of-the-art learning and development programmes, including innovative approaches to learning and development and share best practices on evolving trends on learning and development.
- Oversee the timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of global / regional learning / training activities included in ICO’s annual learning plan.
- Management of Unit:
- Support the Chief of Section in establishing the annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measurements using a result-based management approach.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the learning and development team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
- Technical HR Leadership:
- Provide technical leadership and sound guidance / advice in all aspects of learning and development; ensuring compliance with principles and concepts, policies, regulations and rules.
- Implement and monitor the interpretation and application of new human resources policies, practices and procedures in learning and development to meet the evolving needs of the Office, including formulating the position of the Office on policies and determining the appropriate application of rules and regulations to highly sensitive or contentious individual cases having implications for other HR systems and the Organization as a whole.
- Strategic Human Resources:
- Liaise with the Regional Office and relevant HQ Sections to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast of new research, benchmarks, standards, as well as best and cutting-edge practices in learning and development and evaluate their applicability / adaptability in ICO context.
- Establish partnerships with leading academic institutions and organizations to design / develop innovative learning and development solutions to meet the evolving needs of ICO, and with the potential of scaling them up within the Region or the Organization.
- HR Data Analytics:
- Compile, interpret and analyze data / reports to help inform decision making on learning and development strategies.
- Develop data collection systems to optimize the quality of metrics, analytics and report.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business administration, organizational development, social sciences, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- Professional certification/additional training in the field of learning and development or related field is desirable.
- At least 8 year’s of professional work experience in learning and development in a global / international organization is required.
- Strong facilitation skills and track records in learning needs assessment and in the design and implementation of learning and development strategies, including learning impact assessment is required.
- Good understanding of how adults acquire and use knowledge, including individual and cultural differences in learning and the ability to develop effective training/learning curricula for adult learners, especially for organizational development and behavior change is an asset.
- Experience in change management and in developing and sourcing learning programmes for Human Resources is an asset.
- Knowledge of group and organizational psychology is an asset.
- Prior experience in executive coaching is desirable.
- Fluency in English, especially excellent writing skills, is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.