Deadline: 16 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Human Resource Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Human Resource Specialist will be responsible to oversee a broad range of human resources functions to provide support for the development, implementation, and improvement of personnel policies and programs to achieve goals of the HR Framework in support of Strategy 2030.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Human Resource Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Talent Management
- Lead discussions with clients to identify, develop and evaluate their talent pipeline to meet the future business needs of their own department while contributing to ADB’s overall talent pool.
- In the context of their strategic staffing plan and in line with ADB’s HR policies and procedures on talent management, head the overall review and provide advice on addressing skills, knowledge and leadership gaps.
- Advise managers on the promotion, deployment and relocation/reassignment of staff, both in HQ and in the field.
- Lead the vacancy filling process in partnership with the client departments and oversight the quality assurance of the selection process.
- Provide guidance and input on succession planning and other talent management plans.
- Employee Relations and Communications
- Work closely with managers and staff to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Help to resolve complex employee relations issues. Serve as an objective facilitator, summarize opposing points of view, and move parties toward conciliation.
- Advise and guide clients on strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
- Refer clients to HR Operations and Health Division (BPOH) for day-to-day HR-related needs and information.
- Collect relevant HR information and provide input to information systems that store HR-related data and knowledge.
- Staff Supervision
- Create and lead multi-disciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree, or equivalent.
- University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Preferably affiliated with and/or certified/accredited by recognized professional HR associations, such as CIPD, IPMA, SHRM, etc.
- At least 12 years and knowledge on HR Business Partnering, Recruitment and Selection, Organizational Development, Business Process Administration and Management, and related areas.
- International experience working with several countries or in international development institutions.
- Strong interpersonal, conceptual, and analytical abilities.
- Ability to undertake new initiatives, with sound judgment and decision-making capacity.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff, Management, Board Members, staff of other international organizations, and external counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.