Deadline: 16 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Human Resource Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Human Resource Specialist will be responsible to oversee a broad range of human resources functions to provide support for the development, implementation, and improvement of personnel policies and programs to achieve goals of the HR Framework in support of Strategy 2030.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Human Resource Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Talent Management
- Lead discussions with clients to identify, develop and evaluate their talent pipeline to meet the future business needs of their own department while contributing to ADB’s overall talent pool.
- In the context of their strategic staffing plan and in line with ADB’s HR policies and procedures on talent management, head the overall review and provide advice on addressing skills, knowledge and leadership gaps.
- Advise managers on the promotion, deployment and relocation/reassignment of staff, both in HQ and in the field.
- Lead the vacancy filling process in partnership with the client departments and oversight the quality assurance of the selection process.
- Provide guidance and input on succession planning and other talent management plans.
- Employee Relations and Communications
- Work closely with managers and staff to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Help to resolve complex employee relations issues. Serve as an objective facilitator, summarize opposing points of view, and move parties toward conciliation.
- Advise and guide clients on strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
- Refer clients to HR Operations and Health Division (BPOH) for day-to-day HR-related needs and information.
- Collect relevant HR information and provide input to information systems that store HR-related data and knowledge.
- Staff Supervision
- Create and lead multi-disciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent.
- University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Preferably affiliated with and/or certified/accredited by recognized professional HR associations, such as CIPD, IPMA, SHRM, etc.
- At least 12 years and knowledge on HR Business Partnering, Recruitment and Selection, Organizational Development, Business Process Administration and Management, and related areas.
- International experience working with several countries or in international development institutions.
- Strong interpersonal, conceptual, and analytical abilities.
- Ability to undertake new initiatives, with sound judgment and decision-making capacity.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff, Management, Board Members, staff of other international organizations, and external counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.