Deadline: 26 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior HR Assistant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior HR Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Appointment of Professional Staff and appointments by Inter-Agency transfer, Secondment or Loan for all categories of staff.
- Extension of temporary contracts for professional staff, taking into consideration the contract history and administer applicable entitlements accordingly.
- Administer and prepare letters related to reassignments with change in duty stations including reassignment through arrangements of loans or secondments and reassignment to Special Operation Approach (SOA) duty stations.
- Administration of appointment, reassignment and separation related entitlements and review periodical entitlements, when required.
- Separation of staff members (in Professional (P) and higher categories) and administering terminal entitlements.
- Processing Sick Leave under Insurance Cover (SLIC) cases and Global Management System (GSM) administration related to SLIC (contract extension, Special Leave With Full Pay (SLWFP), sick leave, SLIC dates and extension, annual leave adjustment, home leave adjustment, Within-Grade Increase (WIGI) adjustment, changing SLIC or sick leave to service incurred).
- Review and administer annual leave adjustment, when required.
- Review and administer home leave due date adjustment, when required.
- Review and administer Rental Subsidy and Rental Advances.
- Prepare Salary Step Review forms.
- Initiate related travel requests and Retroactive Travel Claims (RTCs) for appointment, reassignment and separation.
- Processing of education grant claims independently for full year including transmission of weekly payroll reports to Payroll/GSC and cases involving interagency transfers.
- Uploading all GHR transaction related supporting documents in the L Drive for ECM upload.
- Guide G4 and G5 in implementing complex GHR transactions in GSM.
- Act as mentor for new staff members and provide appropriate on job training through buddy arrangements.
- Support P staff in delivering classroom training when required.
- Updating the status of implementation in both eService Level Agreement (eSLA) and HR Action Plan (HRAP).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- Higher level education in human resources or related field is desirable.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in HR management and/or administration or.
- 6 years with a relevant first university degree or.
- 5 years with a relevant advanced university degree.
- Good technical expertise in human resources.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and Web-based software.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.