Deadline: 22 January 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior HR Associate in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Senior HR Associate provides global support to HR, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery, and directly supporting the Staff Admin Team’s service delivery, which centers on the contractual administration of UNOPS and Partner staff and the processing of staff benefits & entitlements.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior HR Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure efficient administration of contractual events, benefits and entitlements for UN staff, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Active advice and support to other Staff Admin Team members in terms of procedures and guidelines.
- Monitoring and tracking of transactions and deadlines to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN and UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participate in an efficient on-boarding of newly recruited team members to ensure their effective integration in the unit.
- Organization and facilitation of substantive trainings for the Staff Admin team.
- Support improvement of IT tools and data quality for staff administration:
- Report errors and contributes to the overall improvement of the in-house ERP System in terms of staff administration and related functionalities.
- Ensure consistent use is made of the case management system (i.e. Laserfiche) in terms of data quality as well as software improvement.
- Participate in the improvement of internal calculation tools via feedback, testing and consolidation of data.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- High school diploma required.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR an asset.
- BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 7 years of progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Knowledge of second UN working language, e.g. French or Spanish, is desirable.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.