Deadline: 6 April 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Human Resources Assistant in Timor-Leste.
The Senior Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support services to the country representative and to the deputy representative.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in preparing Special Service Agreement contracts in accordance with the guidelines for Individual Contractors & Consultants and ensure all requirements are met.
- Participate and acts as resources to staff/management bodies such as Interview Panel, CRB and JCC providing administrative support on systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the agenda and preparation of minutes.
- Manage the leave system of the office.
- Ensure the entitlements of staff in line with rule and regulations.
- Provide guidance to staff when required.
- Ensure job descriptions for all posts are up-to-date, properly recorded and duly classified. Support in the preparation of job descriptions for all categories of staff (professional and general service).
- Provide assistance in briefing and orientation to newly-arrived staff on personnel and administrative procedures and requirements, living conditions in the country and international staff entitlements.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks that may be of a confidential nature within assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in processing staff members identify cards, UNLP issuance and extension and other necessary personnel-related documents.
- Prepare staff lists and maintain records of personnel data for the country office.
- In the absence of the supervisor, act as a secretary of training committee and assist in the preparation of training plans and organizing workshops.
- Maintain filling system.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of high school.
- Training in Human Resources Administration/Management is desirable.
- At least 7 years of practical work experience in the field of Human Resources Administration/Management.
- Experience in an international organization desirable.
- Ability to establish a service oriented work environment will be highly considered.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Knowledge of the local language of Tetum and Portuguese is an asset.
- Nationality of Timor-Leste.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.