Deadline: 11 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Associate (Human Resources) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Executive Associate (Human Resources) will perform the following functions:
- Plan and guide the personnel operations of HR-REC sub-unit relating to candidatures, selection and recruitment of fixed-term and temporary staff.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the HR-REC sub-unit, examine more complex cases, prepare substantive correspondence in consultation with RPO.
- Initiate action for speedy filling of vacant and advertised positions.
- Plan pre-recruitment actions in respect of vacancies likely to fall vacant six months in advance in respect of GS / NPO and one year in advance in respect of ‘IP’ and maintain close follow ups;
- Review post selection / approval actions including correspondence from initial contact till recruitment process is concluded.
- Brief newly recruited staff both fixed-term and temporary.
- Arrange and carry out training programmes for staff on recruitment matters as well as GSM;
- Provide information for RPO briefs for Meetings of Apex Bodies, i.e., Executive Committee, World Health Assembly, RD’s Annual Report, duty travels of RPO/ DAF/ DPM/ RD.
- Review requests for temporary and fixed-term GS staff in the Regional Office, verify all pertinent data on candidates, post status, clarify discrepancies, prepare agenda, documentation and files for submission to respective selection committees.
- Prepare information to support RPO in monitoring recruitment operations, prepare periodic reports/ statistics, respond to requests for information/advice from units, providing assistance as necessary.
- Review applications for employment in respect of professional posts circulate to technical units, arrange for retention/otherwise and prepare appropriate replies.
- Receive prospective candidates for GS posts, provide information relating to employment matters, without commitment.
- Arrange holding of appropriate tests, evaluation of test papers and declaration of results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree is an asset.
- Training in the field of human resources is an advantage.
- At least 10 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administrative positions.
- Experience in human resources management is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and local language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.