Deadline: 13 April 2023
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Communications and Planning Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Communications and Planning Specialist will the following functions:
- HR Communications Strategy and Planning
- Work with the PCG Director to develop the HR Communications strategy and take the lead in operationalizing the strategy based on a deep understanding and broad application of the following key elements – PCG’s value to UNOPS (‘’HR value proposition’’); UNOPS expectations of PCG’s role (‘’HR value drivers’’); and costs of implementing the strategy across defined communication channels and target workforce segments (‘’HR cost drivers’’).
- Increase the cut-through, impact, and salience of HR communications by segmenting the UNOPS workforce according to the intersection of their demographic attributes, HR and internal communication needs, and other relevant criteria agreed with the PCG Director.
- Ensure all PCG communications are crafted, planned, and rolled out in alignment with the overall people and strategic priorities of UNOPS.
- Content Creation and Curation
- Leverage new and existing digital channels, platforms, and tools to tailor and deliver messages to target audiences, at team, geographic, and functional levels.
- Work with colleagues in CG and PCG to develop and deliver communications that spotlight positive workplace experiences, enhance people’s access to HR services, and provide tangible connections to UNOPS vision and culture.
- Develop and implement mechanisms for sourcing news across PCG teams on HR policies, programs, and initiatives to be disseminated to the UNOPS workforce through the most effective communication channels.
- Craft inclusive content and messaging about HR and people-focused programs to inform, engage and motivate the workforce to action at UNOPS.
Applicants must have:
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) preferably in HR, Marketing, Media Studies, Mass Communications, Digital Communication, Journalism, or related field, is required.
- Combination of Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum 5 years experience in internal/ employee communications, ideally within the HR/ People function of an international organization made up of a globally distributed workforce is required.
- Demonstrable experience with transformation, change management and culture initiatives will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a distinct asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.