Deadline: 19 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources & Administration Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resources & Administration Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process.
- Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives.
- Support line manage in ensuring oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations.
- Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept.
- Lead the performance management process.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labour regulations and requirements.
- Human Resources / Administration Policies and Support
- Develop country-based policies and procedures in line with DRC global policies and local laws.
- Develop onboarding process for the country operation and support line manager in ensuring full implementation.
- Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degrees (Bachelor’s or Master’s in Human resources or related discipline.
- Certification / Diploma in human resources is added advantage.
- Minimum 3 year’s working experience in Human Resources with at least 2 year’s in a senior Human Resources management role within humanitarian sector.
- DRC experience is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge / experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes.
- Ability to understand and interpret local labour law.
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues.
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation.
- Experience using an online system for recruitment.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.