Deadline: 16 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Human Resources Assistant will be responsible to assist in the day to day implementation of the HR functions responsibilities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide support in recruitment i.e, Advertising, longlisting, shortlisting up on request.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, end of probationary period, contracts extension, end of contract notice letters.
- Ensure line mangers are alerted/informed of the staff’s end of contract notice one month in advance and with coordination of HR officer.
- Responsible for the updating of HR files (soft and hard copy) and ensure all employee’s individual HR files are updated and having the required documents as per NRC standards.
- Arrange interview schedules with candidates and prepare job offer packages.
- Track the leave requests, timesheets, attendance sheets of national staff.
- Enter and Update data in several databases (leave trackers, Staff database).
- Ensure timely provision of NRC business cards and NRC IDs for NRC staff.
- Ensure that payslips are signed by staff on time.
- Provide support within timely correspondence to the area offices regarding HR related issues.
- Undertake any other tasks that is within the scope of this role as assigned by the line manager and/or HRM.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Experience from working as a HR Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts be reliable and able to follow instructions accurately.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.