Deadline: 5 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Erbil, Iraq.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the national staff recruitment process in accordance with relevant WFP manual sections and in compliance with local Standard Operating Procedures and recruitment plans focusing on the candidate and internal customer experience.
- Use WFP’s E-Recruitment system for all on-going local recruitments (different contract types).
- Liaise with Hiring Managers on selection processes, the creation of Vacancy Announcements (VA) and facilitation of assessments and interviews.
- Support in posting the VAs on the most effective sourcing channels for that VA and source passive candidates to ensure an appropriate number of qualifying candidates (men and women) apply for each VA.
- Screen candidates in line with agreed screening criteria.
- Ensure that all shortlisted staff are notified and document all cases where shortlisted candidates decline to be part of the test or interview, or cases for which we are not able to get hold of shortlisted candidates.
- Ensure that written tests are received timely and reviewed by the respective Head of Unit for suitability prior to when testing is done.
- Facilitate the execution of the written test through accurate and timely correspondence with the candidates.
- Schedule panel interviews and follow up on the required documentation to ensure timely and efficient submission.
- Ensure that the appropriate form of feedback is given by HR/the Hiring Manager to all other assessed/interviewed candidates, especially unsuccessful internal candidates.
- Compile predefined recruitment statistics in a timely and accurate manner to support the creation of a recruitment dashboard.
- In case of difficult cases, inform the HR Associate and/or the Head of HR and escalate, as appropriate.
- Act us trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders as well as collaborative team member.
- Any other duty as required.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary degree with a post-secondary certificate/diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field is desirable.
- Typically, 3 or more years of professional experience in HR administration with a great interest in Talent Acquisition.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (Level C) and Arabic (Level C).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.