Deadline: 24 January 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for administering and implementing HR strategies and policies in relation to recruitment and selection.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and implementation support of HR strategies, policies, processes and procedures in relation to HR recruitment and Selection:
- Ensure full compliance of records and reports with UN and UN Women Rules and Regulations, and HR policies and guidelines, ensure effective implementation of internal control framework, ensure proper functioning of HR management system.
- Provide advice and information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations in relation to recruitment and selection, including strategic use of contract modalities, application of entitlements and change management processes.
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies, interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements, as necessary.
- Ensure effective administration of human resource services in the area of recruitment and selection:
- Draft job descriptions, provide inputs to job classification process and vacancy announcement.
- Prepare and support interview documents for screening, interview panels and recruitment committee.
- Prepare assessment and interview schedules.
- Support in screening of applicants and facilitation of assessments.
- Prepare submission to Compliance Review Board (CRB) for recruitment.
- Provide logistical support to recruitment panels.
- Prepare draft minutes of meetings and related memorandum and correspondence.
- Provide information and support to applicants, obtain necessary documentation.
- Maintain data and systems in relation to recruitment and selection:
- Maintain, develop and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner,
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases.
- Research, compile and provide data and other necessary information for reports.
Support in the management of recruitment systems.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally on diverse variety of HR issues:
- Organize information sessions on HR administration with staff and management.
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration.
- Liaise with HR regional and country offices in HR administration to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
- Liaise closely with outsourced service providers when necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Candidates who do not have a university degree or an accredited certification in the field of human resources will be required to complete the Global General Service Test (GGST) or UN Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) – formerly known as the UN Clerical Test.
- Minimum 6 year’s of relevant experience in HR, with at least 3 year’s of experience in recruitment.
- Experience within the United Nations system would be preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of one of the other UN official working languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.