Deadline: 26 October 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Human Resources Associate will provide administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in the field office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support to business partnering:
- Support the business partners in developing initiatives to encourage employee well-being and employee recognition schemes.
- Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner.
- Support the business partners in assisting clientele in using HR systems such as talent management, agora and achieve.
- Support in processing of entitlement and benefits:
- Initiate the processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Maintain and prepare all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Support in recruitment and placement:
- Prepare and circulate internal and external advertisements.
- Liaise with candidate in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepare formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Support in organization design and job classification:
- Participate in the review of GS positions specific JDs, ensuring effective application of ICSC methodology.
- Draft and edit job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follow up and liaises with HQ and RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation.
- Monitor life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Support in learning & capacity development:
- Assist team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develop and process contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Track the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely distribution and enhancing the timely completion and return of appraisals.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of UNICEF.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience of which at least 2 years in human resources support functions required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language at the duty station is considered an asset.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.