Deadline: 1 June 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions:
- Manage a broad range of processes related to performance management and talent management which are designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of WFP’s workforce.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the continued improvement of performance management tools, processes and practices.
- Manage and support the development of effective and innovative communication and training plans with a view to ensure a high level of engagement for all HR and Performance Strengthening initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new talent and promotion approaches contributing to a more holistic corporate system, which supports and links to the Leadership and Career Framework of the organization.
- Provide support and guidance to managers on case management in the area of probation and under performance.
- Provide support to other key HR initiatives coordinated by the Branch such as the Engagement support and Leadership/Management development programs.
- Stay relevant and up to date with market practices and external networks to build recognized capability and credibility.
- Use this knowledge to identify areas for improvement, share insights with global teams, and build capability in this area.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resources, Law, or a related field, or first level degree with extensive work experience.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience in performance management and experience in career advancement processes.
- Experience in the field of performance management and addressing under performance, preferably within the UN system.
- Experience in the design and delivery of capacity building sessions and development of materials and resources related to Performance Management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to draft concise and clear documents.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and advise colleagues at all levels, including senior managers.
- Action oriented and a demonstrated capacity to deliver high quality work and meet demanding timeframes.
- Proven ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive cases with tact and discretion.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.