Deadline: 8 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform following functions:
- Develop, recommend, implement and/or reformulate internal administrative guidelines and procedures and administer the full life-cycle of talent acquisition activities; develop guidelines for sourcing, interviewing, testing, and selecting applicants for fixed-term positions.
- Ensure that the hiring entities adhere to established selection policies and practices.
- Prepare progress and statistical reports on recruitment activities; track progress to ensure that staffing metrics are met.
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of selection policies, regulations and rules; prepare exceptions to Staff Rules/waivers for approval by the HR Advisor and HR Director as applicable, verifying where a precedent has been established.
- Manage HR Technicians and other staff assigned to the Employment Management functional area, establishing priorities and objectives, providing guidance, evaluating performance and maintaining a strong sense of team.
- Assist with In-person interviews, lead/facilitate candidate interview feedback sessions; provide follow up on interviews as necessary.
- Coordinate responses to requests from staff and the general public for information on recruitment processes; provide information and written materials consistent with HR policies and confidentiality requirements.
- Oversee the enhancement of the Human Resources Management’s Intranet and SharePoint Sites pertinent to recruitment and selection.
- Manage the integration/interface process between PMIS and WHO’s recruitment system, troubleshoot errors to ensure appropriate data flow between PAHO and WHO; collaborate with ITS as necessary to resolve any problems on input or output data transfers.
- Develop and lead employment branding initiatives; assist HR Advisor with key HR projects, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration or a related field from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field would be an asset.
- 5 years of combined national and international experience in human resources management with emphasis on recruitment, interpretation and administration of conditions of employment.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.