Deadline: 1 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy and Communication Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Advocacy and Communication Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead on the development and implementation of the DRC-DDG Lebanon advocacy strategy.
- Develop and update talking points, top-line messages and advocacy tasks for the DRC-DDG Lebanon team.
- Establish strategic relationships with media outlets to ensure push of key advocacy messages.
- Suggest actions to national policy responses and policy frameworks, as well as other factors such as UN coordination, funding for the response, security and current and future challenges that have an impact on displaced populations and their access to humanitarian assistance and protection services.
- Suggest key advocacy opportunities and targets at national and regional levels.
- Lead on the development and implementation of DRC-DDG Lebanon communications strategy.
- Produce high-quality content to support positive communication of DRC’s programs and advocacy activities in Lebanon.
- Regular production of digital contents (e.g. stories, photos, blogs, social media posts) and dissemination through DRC’s website and social media channels.
- Coordinate development of visual materials used for DRC-DDG programmes with DRC’s regional communication department.
- Contribute to regional communications efforts.
- Fully plan and manage DRC-DDG Lebanon’s social media accounts in coordination with Programme Teams and Support.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in human rights, social sciences, journalism, media, or related discipline is compulsory.
- Advanced Degree such as Master’s or a combination of disciplines, is advantageous.
- Minimum 4 year’s of experience working in advocacy and communications on humanitarian issues, refugee rights, human rights, and/or development issues.
- Prior experience working in advocacy and communications for protection in a humanitarian context.
- Strong understanding of the political system and context in Lebanon.
- Prior experience working with the Government of Lebanon, media stakeholders, line ministries, and local authorities is a plus.
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues.
- Experience working with local civil society in Lebanon.
- Experience of and strong skills in developing and implementing humanitarian advocacy strategies and campaigns.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.