Deadline: 11 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in New Delhi, India.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to program/project development and planning
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for child labour/ children on the move to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on child labour and issues related to children on the move and trafficking are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery with special focus on child labour.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of child labour, children on the move and trafficking.
- Formulate, design and prepare programs/projects proposal for the sector, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- To support with planning and implementation of the child labour programme especially in the three states of UP, Bihar and West Bengal (including urban environments) and at the national level.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- To support with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of the programme. Regular update of the programme progress and support in budget monitoring by states.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social sciences and development sciences, public policy, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or related field(s).
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection/ child labour, migration and/other related areas.
- Working experience on child labour, trafficking of children, migration programming, understanding of the socio economic context with regards to migration and child labour.
- Relevant experience in child protection, child labour and/or migration, including understanding the socio-economic context regarding migration and child labor.
- Working experience in program/project development and management in a UN system agency, or organization working in the field of child protection is an asset.
- Experience of working with Government departments and understanding of government systems will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.