Deadline: 24 March 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of ICLA Human Rights Coordinator in Kramatorsk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 9 months.
The ICLA Human Rights Coordinator is responsible to coordinate and implement the project according to strategy, proposals and plans and liaison with co-lead partner in the project.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ICLA Human Rights Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures as well as to donor requirements.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Contribute with ICLA Human rights specific technical competence to project development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Develop training modules, supervise and provide specific technical learning or/and training for ICLA staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop ICLA Human rights specific technical guidance, tools and mechanisms.
- Conduct ICLA Human rights specific technical research and document findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for ICLA Human rights specific protection risks and needs analyses.
- Responsible for designing in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Coordinate and implement the project according to strategy, proposals and plans.
- Develop annual activity and work plans.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Draft reports on project status and relevant administrative affairs.
- Contribute to the proposals writing and budget drafting process
- Cooperate with and supervise relationship with co-lead partner in the project, as well as other partners and local judicial and executive authorities.
- Ensuring proper filing of all project documents.
- Line management of 2 ICLA Technical Officers (Human rights).
- Perform frequent travel within ICLA area of operation as well as visits to co-lead partner in the project.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by ICLA Project Manager or ICLA Project Development Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on the similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector including international humanitarian law and international human rights law.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- High education in law.
- Experience in working in human rights sphere.
- Knowledge about strategic litigation and European Court of Human Rights practice.
- Knowledge in working and coordinating with implementing partners (IPs).
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of the context in East Ukraine.
- Experience with ICLA or related legal aid programs is an asset
- Skills of liaison person is an asset.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.