Deadline: 26 October 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst – Ending Violence against Women (EVAW) in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Programme Analyst will contribute the effective management of UN Women programming under Safe and Fair, providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Ending Violence against Women (EVAW), migration, trafficking and access to essential services:
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Ensure sound project arrangements and implementation and effective management.
- Identify opportunities for intervention and elaborate country context policy recommendations related to ending violence against Women (EVAW), migration, trafficking and access to essential services.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of Project Safe & Fair, with a focus on Objectives 2 and 3:
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the implementation of programme activities.
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities.
- Maintain relationships with national partners from civil society and government to support implementation and expansion of the Project Safe and Fair.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results, outputs and outcomes.
- Participate and provide support to the organization of national and regional consultations organized by UN Women- Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in cooperation with its Country Offices and ILO, as needed.
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Contribute to the identification of potential implementing partners and support the process of creation of partnerships.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on EVAW, migration, trafficking and access to essential services to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country:
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative, Deputy Representative, Head of Office, and
- Regional Office on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports, and briefs.
- Prepare meeting minutes and ensure appropriate follow-up actions.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, consultations, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on access to essential services of WMWs and victims of trafficking.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Previous experience in the field of violence against women is required.
- Experience in the field of migration and/or trafficking is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is required.
- Experience in working with a UN organization is an asset.
- Experience supporting/implementing an EU-funded project is an asset.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of violence against women.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising.
- Fluency in English and the official national language is required.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.