Deadline: 27 February 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Supervise and support the Protection assistants with regular tasks of field monitoring visits at WFP establishments.
- Support protection referrals received from different partners and facilitating trainings and workshops for relevant stakeholders on human right and protection mainstreaming.
- Compile tracking indicator reports on a monthly basis and submit to the Protection officer.
- Manage and follow up on protection referrals received from other partners.
- Represent WFP in relevant coordination forums as requested by Protection officer.
- Support the Protection assistants develop monthly work plans and supervise their implementation, ensuring that the team meets its targets.
- Liaise with the refugee leadership, partners, local authorities and other relevant actors to disseminate findings and identify additional support for cases or concerns (protection related) that have been identified by WFP and its partners.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for each activity (including weekly vehicle movement plans and for the reconciliation of the money spent during each activity.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree preferably in in human rights / international humanitarian law / refugee law / social work or sociology, humanitarian assistance, gender studies or other related area.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience with at least 4 year’s of supervisory experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of protection mainstreaming in humanitarian programmes and / or the integration of protection in humanitarian programming.
- Experience of working with, and a demonstrated understanding of, humanitarian standards and principles of good practice.
- Experience of developing training materials and providing training to a range of audiences.
- Experience of developing programme documentation for a range of institutional donors.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.