Deadline: 21 May 2020
Amnesty International (AI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Researcher/ Adviser in London, United Kingdom.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The AI’s global campaign is to change the lives of those suffering human rights abuses.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Researcher/ Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Carry out analysis for advocacy and campaigning of priority national/regional climate and just transition laws and policies, and preparing analytical tools for the movement on assessment of such laws and policies based on this experience.
- Document or work with others to document case studies of human rights impacts of the climate crisis.
- Develop proposed policy positions on specific issues and developments related to the climate crisis, applying human rights standards and AI policies, drawing on international law, AI precedent, and best practice of other agencies, and translating analysis into action that will develop and implement AI’s strategy on climate change and environmental degradation, as well as more broadly AI’s strategic goals and global campaigns.
- Provide advice on the application of AI’s policy to country and thematic specialists and others at the IS and the wider Movement, reflecting attention to equality and particularly gender equality, in regard to climate and environmental issues.
- Approve and write materials for external and internal publication on existing and emerging human rights issues related to the climate crisis and the environment (including external documents, briefing and discussion papers, AI policy guidelines and assisting in the preparation/writing of country/thematic reports as required to contribute to ensure policy is consistently applied and published – referring to Senior Legal and Policy Advisers, other members of the team, and other experts within the movement and externally, for more detailed expertise where appropriate.
- Support the management of the Law and Policy Programme within agreed areas of responsibility and contribute to the overall smooth running of the programme.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Professional experience in human rights and/or climate change.
- Ability to formulate coherent policies based on a detailed understanding of human rights principles and AI’s core values.
- Good knowledge of law, politics, international relations, or other fields related to human rights, and expertise in the area of climate change and the environment.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills and/or extensive knowledge of and experience in the application of international law, including human rights law, humanitarian law, environmental law and/or criminal law.
- Strong advisory and communication skills
- Excellent ability to evaluate situations and issues in the short, medium and long term, set strategic goals in accordance with organizational priorities, monitor plans, and evaluate outcomes.
- Excellent ability to plan and prioritize work, including when under pressure, and to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Excellent ability to work cooperatively internally and externally with others, including with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent ability to write clearly and concisely, without need for significant editorial revision.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AI.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.