Deadline: 29 October 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director in Budapest, Hungary.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director will perform the following functions:
- Co-lead the human resources function as part of the divisional leadership team and the global One HR leadership team
- Lead organizational transformation and change initiatives, in close collaboration with management at all levels and the Global Staff Association.
- Act as a key strategic partner to line managers at headquarters, regional and country offices.
- Act as an employee champion, enabling transparent, fair, equitable and people centric policies and practices that contribute to the achievement of organization-wide goals and foster a diverse and inclusive work environment for all.
- Ensure that UNICEF’s value proposition to staff is compelling and that UNICEF remains an attractive employer of choice.
- Provide intellectual leadership in the design and project management of organizational transformation priorities as defined in UNICEF’s Strategic Plan
- Support the ongoing organizational improvement process based on a sound understanding of the strategic direction of the organization, its structure, culture and key stakeholders and opinion leaders.
- Engage with key stakeholders and opinion leaders to create buy-in and co-create design and implementation plans that meet business needs.
- Leverage data analytics to proactively identify, raise and monitor potential risks and unintended consequences of the transformation process and propose mitigating measures.
- Ensure seamless collaboration between the HR Centers of Expertise and the HR Business Partners and champion continuous business improvement, simplification and streamlining
- Keep abreast of emerging HR trends in the industry and ‘best practices.
- Support UNICEF’s HR centers of expertise in consistently developing ‘state of the art’ products, processes, tools and systems that support organizational priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Promote and support the HR business partner approach by championing and proactively supporting new ways of collaborating between centers of expertise and HR business partners at headquarters and in the field.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in a relevant field (human resource management, business administration, sociology or other related areas), or an additional 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- 13 year’s experience in human resources management, operations, planning and/or in relevant field is required.
- Ability to co-create with others when designing or implementing new initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills of complex, diverse and geographically spread teams, including managing managers.
- Excellent interpersonal and partnership skills.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficiency in English (Oral and written)is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.