Deadline: 18 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Review source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Extract details of transactions from the integrated financial system in order to analyze and verify.
- Investigate errors, take corrective actions; perform reviews and ensure proper clearance procedures.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by participating in testing and implementation of new financial process automations.
- Assist in monitoring transactions, ensure ex-ante or post-factum due diligence is performed.
- Prepare worksheets and assist in preparation of reports by compiling and consolidating data from various sources.
- Draft and prepare correspondence and respond to queries.
- Evaluate ongoing financial support requirements, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 2 year’s relevant experience in finance, accounting, cash management and/or asset management related support work.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Basic knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting policies and practices in order to ensure that all processing controls are strictly adhered.
- Good knowledge of the processing and approval process of a variety of transactions ensuring audit requirements are maintained regarding supporting document retention, adherence to rules, accuracy and overall completeness.
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.